De xtof lifedesign
Rosemary Orchard is a developer at the Technical University of Vienna, and eats entirely too much chocolate.
Please feel free to borrow/steal/expand on the project and session ideas below!
- Bridgy support for Reddit
- Support for collection posts on WordPress
- Video/cartoon intro to Indie Web (2-minute video for YouTube, what is it and why is it important?)
- Make an about page (with a proper h-card)
- Posting to my website and syndicating elsewhere (PESOS, especially syndicating notes to Facebook pages)
- Improving my feeds - want to link all of them in my <head>
- Publishing data from TripIt and publicising it automatically when each event should end
- The "blue dot" (https://aaronparecki.com/2017/05/19/18/still-here)
- Sharing media consumption
- Replying to web mentions
- Add maps to my check-ins
- A Reader purely for a read it later channel (related to IndiePaper), consistent formatting, etc. Would allow you to save the contents offline. (Anthologist by Eddie Hinkle has been announced that would do this!)
- Dark mode for my website
- Sign In with Apple on my website
- Support for OS dark/light mode (https://css-tricks.com/dark-modes-with-css/)
- Getting an overview of travel formats per week/month/year
- Add theming to Indigenous for iOS
- Fix h-card on my website (Prettify in sidebar, add hidden one in the header)
- Improve microformats in my WP Theme
- Add tagmoji to all micro posts with a format
- Wordpress plugin for Tagmoji with links to tags/categories based on this: https://github.com/xavierroy/odyssey-plugin/blob/f92a52f3c7f6daef49633848179af562f8f1fbd7/odyssey-plugin.php#L163
- Import my Nintendo Switch playing time as posts
- Publishing my Overcast listening history
- My own URL shortener, to own my own links
- Add Login with Apple to my site
- Add a countdown to my birthday
- Archive Pages
- Static site based on WordPress data? (Based on what Charlie, sonniesedge.net, is thinking of from her intro in Berlin 2019)
- Change my post excerpts for location containing posts to contain a map if there is no picture, and to include the location name data
- Support for multi-photo posts on WordPress - first photo (or only photo) could optionally be marked and understood as featured. https://indieweb.org/featured
- Recreating Glympse functionality on my own website (generate a random URL, which shares my current location via Compass for a pre-determined time period)
- Shortcuts (iOS app) interactions with MicroPub
- A comprehensive hcard
- Location/travel data!
- Sharing for a specified period of time
- Still here
- Mapstr alternative
- Replacing Facebook groups, private options! https://micro.blog/zachphillips/3450968
- Private and public posts
- What Should You Syndicate?
Brighton 2019 Ideas
- Taxonomy: Auto categorising posts based on post kind unless specifically overridden? What role do tags play?
- Mozilla MDN Docs for IndieWeb: How do we get started? What should we cover/include?
- Private/Protected Posts: How are you doing this, what's the goal?
- POSSE vs PESOS, who is doing what, where, and why? 2019/Berlin/syndicall
Issues I want to solve
- I would love to be able to have different channels in Aperture (Microsub) post to different categories in WP. As tags which match category names are auto "translated" into categories, this might be as simple as adding "preferred tags" to microsub channels, which are included in the micropub?